Wednesday, May 17, 2017—Program
7:45 - 8:20 a.m.
Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:20 - 8:30 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Andrea Schmitz, MPA, Vice-President for Environment, Health and Safety, Con Edison
- Adam Weinstein, CPA, President, The New York Hedge Fund Roundtable
8:30 - 9:20 a.m.
- Linda A. Klein, JD, President, American Bar Association (ABA); Senior Managing Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President and CEO, AICPA
9:20 - 10:10 a.m.
Keynote Address: The Accounting Profession and Sustainability
- Mervyn E. King, PhD, LLD (Hon.), Mervyn E. King, Senior Counsel
10:10 - 11:00 a.m.
Integrated Reporting: A Practical Perspective from Preparers and Practitioners
Moderator: Kristen B. Sullivan, CPA, CGMA, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Marcy Twete, Corporate Responsibility: Americas, Executive Director, USA Foundation, ArcelorMittal
- Aaron Briggs, Executive Counsel, Corporate Securities & Finance, General Electric
- John White, Partner, Cravath, Corporate Department, Chair of its Corporate Governance and Board Advisory practice
11:00 - 11:15 a.m.
11:15 - 12:05 p.m.
Supply Chain Management: Supply Contracts Case Study
- Lee A. DeHihns III, Esq., Partner (Retired), Alston & Bird LLP
- Christopher Johnson, Jr., CEO and Co-Founder, Center for Justice, Rights & Dignity, Retired Vice President and General Counsel, GM North America
- Anita Househam, Senior Manager, UN Global Compact LEAD & Supply Chain Sustainability
- Tensie Whelan, Director, Center for Sustainable Business, NYU Stern School of Business
12:05 - 1:05 p.m.
1:05 - 1:55 p.m.
Building and Leading Sustainable Businesses
Moderator: Michael Kraten, Accounting Professor at Providence College
- Patsy Doerr, Global Head, Corporate Responsibility & Inclusion, Thompson Reuters
- Jason Ackerman, CPA, BNA CPAs & Advisors
- Helena Barton, Partner / Client Service Executive, Deloitte
1:55 - 2:45 p.m.
Case Study: How to Develop a Sustainability Practice, Focus Your Business and Make Money
- John C. Dernbach, Commonwealth Professor of Environmental Law and Sustainability, Director, Environmental Law, and Sustainability Center
2:45 - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 - 3:50 p.m.
Investing in Sustainable Companies
Moderator: Marc L. Rinaldi, CPA, MBA, Partner-in-Charge, Financial Servies, PFK O’Connor Davies, LLP
- Martin Whittaker, CEO, JUST Capital
- John Wilson, Head of Governance, Engagement, and Research at Cornerstone Capital
- Rick Alexander, General Counsel for B Labs
- Lily Trager, Director, Investing with Impact, Morgan Stanley
3:50 - 4:40 p.m.
Making the Case for Corporate Community Engagement -- Legal, Accounting, and Business Strategy Considerations
Moderator: Madden DeGarmo Manion, Chief Development Officer, Points of Light
- Spring Taylor Lacy, Vice President, Corporate & Community Engagement, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Meghan D. Hely Walsh, Public and Charitable Service Manager, Holland & Knight LLP
- Jeffrey Senne, Senior Director, Corporate Responsibility, PwC
4:40 - 5:00 p.m.